I actually hate the term Goal Digger with a passion. But it’s “buzzworthy”.
Since I’ve done all I can do as far as Christmas is concerned (at least until I fly to Michigan), my attention has turned towards the bright and shiny future that is 2019. A New Year. A New Me. A chance to right all the wrongs and… idk pretend that you’re gonna be something you’re not.
But, with the flip of the calendar page, it does give a fresh new feel and an opportunity to start new projects and dreams. And you know what that means…
I won’t lie, I actually hate goal setting. It’s not that I don’t have goals, it’s that sitting down to actually sort them out feels like a chore more than a motivating moment. Turn it in to a project though….
So, this is a two part project… There’s the listing of the goals and “intentions” for 2019, and then there’s the “Vision Board” which is kinda woo, but still crafty and I’ll be doing that later this month. I can’t do the fun Vision Board without doing this stuff first. Trapped.
How to Set Up Goals When You’re a Hot Mess:
- Dose yourself up with Nyquil because you’re still sick as fuuuuuuuuuck.
- Grab a notebook and a pen and brain dump everything that you’ve ever wanted to do in your life that you can think of right now.
- Grab a Diet Coke. Caffeine and cold meds go great together.
- Looking at the word salad you have scribbled on the page, pick out things that are aspirational, but realistic.
- Start sorting the newly chosen goals in to categories. I picked: Mind, Body, Spirit, Create, Learn, Branding.
- Realize your standards are perhaps a bit too high.
- Go through each section and apply the SMART goal methodology to each item. Are these Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely. Hopefully by sorting them in to categories, half the job is done for you.
- Now that’s done, spend 45 minutes trying to log in to your Canva account because you don’t want to fire up the big computer for Adobe.
- Crib design ideas by Googling the 2019 Font Trends and the Pantone’s 2019 Color of the Year and create a document that is sized for you Happy Planner that has these goals listed all out for accountability.
- Realize your printer sucks ass and order this single sheet to be printed at Staples.
Bonus step: Post online so everyone can see and hold you accountable!
So… here are my goals for 2019. Some of these I’ve set in motion already and some I just have to get up and DO the damn things. On the other side of this will be my vision board, which, like I mentioned, is coming soon.
Leave a Reply