You know when you start a year, and you’re all excited about the promise of a new beginning and full of the hope and optimism that, even though their may be some bumps along the way, you’re ultimately on a path heading towards a greater good?
Yeah, 2020 destroyed all of that.
Clearly I’ve left this blog abandoned for a year. Hell, I’ve left my life abandoned for a year. Truthfully, between focusing on my job, my family, and myself, there just hasn’t been a ton of extra energy on my end to dedicate to being the shitty influencer I strive to embody. Some might say this makes me a crappy blogger. I say it makes me a better human.
In spite of 2020 being a Chernobyl style disaster and my anxiety stress response at an all time high, I’m still cautiously optimistic for the next year. Not because I think things will magically go back to the way they were (they won’t), but because I need to cling to this tiny glimmer of optimism or else I will drown myself in rosé and cheese.
Before we embark on the new journey that is 2021, let’s run though a quick bullet point list of how I spent my Year of the Pandemic.
- Ended 2019 in Pasadena for Rose Parade
- Made a dope ass Baby Yoda meme
- Ended January really fucking sick. In hindsight… probably COVID.
- Paid off my student loan debt
- Otherwise, kinda uneventful month.
- Could tell this Corona thing was gonna be shit though
- Giant ass Nashville Tornado – March 3rd 2020
- Last Work Trip – The American Rodeo – March 7th 2020
- Last “Event” Attended – Glennon Doyle’s Untamed Book Tour – March 11th 2020
- Last Work in Office Day – March 12th 2020
- Started Working From Home – March 13th 2020
- Last Time I Remember “Normal” – March 14th 2020
- anxiety but now sweaty
- Hid in the woods for a week
- Celebrated the 32nd Anniversary of my Birth with flaming doughnuts as I awoke
- One Year Anniversary with Matt
- End of August we moved in together. D’aww
- Became Dog-Mom
- ALSO BILL AND TED 3
- anxiety, but distracted by setting up a new household
- I think Halloween Happened?
- WE DUMPED TRUMP!
- But more anxiety over that whole mess
- Christmas. That was Nice.
- Also Downtown Nashville Blew Up.